
Well I can finally log on to my blog. Yeah!! It's been about two weeks since I posted last. A lot has happened since then...
On March 10th through the 15th, (my sister Erin's Spring Break from the U of I) Erin, our cousin Amy, and I all took a " Girl's week" to visit our Grandmother's out in Arizona. It was quite an adventure, with a ton of great memories we'll share forever...
We had a great relaxing time staying in Sun City with our Grandma Wanda at her really nice condo in a picture perfect retirement town. It was so beautiful out there, but it was also very hot! (I don't love to sweat!) It was in the record highs of 90+ degrees the whole time we were there. And of corse it was beautiful here as well. ( record highs in the 70's) Go figure.
Well it was great to get away for a while and relax with the girls.
While we were with Grandma Wanda we saw a Lippazaner Stallion Show, went to see an Indian Castle, shopped, ate, and took great long walks every night. It was so great to just hang out with Grandma, and the Girls.
Then we drove down to Tuson to see Amy's Grandma Dorothy. We had a lot of fun with her as well. We went to see the movie "Wild Hogs," ate, shopped, and laughed a lot. (Erin and Amy are sun worshipers, so they baked in the sun while I went shopping. Dorothy lives in a really nice retirement villiage with a really nice pool area.) We even got lost while driving around with Dorothy, and believe it or not it was a highlight in my trip. We laughed so much, it was great!
The trip as a whole was very fun and relaxing! I want to thank our Grandma for letting us come and stay with her and Bert, and for showing us a great time on our trip. I would also like to thank Dorothy for having us in her home as well.
I also feel so blessed to have such a great husband (and kids) that let me just take off for a week to play with the girls. Thank you to all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment