Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Ouch, My Tooth...

I know you're all dying to hear me whine, so here it goes...

Last Wednesday afternoon my tooth had started to bug me, but by Youth Group that night it was really hurting. So, Thursday morning I could barely wait for 8am to arrive so I could call my Dentist. They couldn't get me in until 1pm, so I loaded up on pain reliever and watched the clock count down to 1pm.

I went in and they took new x-rays of my very painful jaw and teeth. My Dentist came in and said this doesn't look good, so he gave me a perscription for an antibiotic and for Vicidin. He referred me to an Endodontist in Iowa City. (These are the bad guys who perform root canals for a living.)

I called the Endodontist before I was back in the truck to schedule an apointment for "as soon as possible." I was in SEVERE PAIN by this time, and there is nothing worse than your whole jaw and ear hurting from a stupid little tooth! They could meet with me in the morning for a consultation. I didn't think she understood me when I said "SEVERE PAIN!" A consultation was not what I had in mind, I wanted them to make me better NOW!

Thursday night was a nightmare! I didn't sleep hardly at all the Wednesday night before, and I didn't sleep at all Thursday night. By about 3am, I was in "NERVOUS BREAKDOWN" mode! The Vicidin was not helping, and I was going crazy with PAIN!
My wonderful, God send of a husband heard me (actually) crying, and said, "are you okay?" I said something whiny and crazy and he felt sorry for me; so he got out of bed at 3am and went to work so he could come back at 8am to drive me to my Endodontist apointment. (Yes, he's a crazy maniac work-a-holic! But he's my crazy maniac!)

I couldn't believe that all those pills couldn't help. When we arrived at the Endodotist's office I looked like death warmed over. Rob had to fill out all of the paper work, (which he's not used to doing) and I was not a ton of help at this point. I was ready to have my head amputated, it hurt so bad.

They finally took me back and the Dr. decided to go ahead and "operate" right then. Praise the Lord, and hallehluia!!! (I never said I could spell, but anyway...) He worked on me for an hour and a half, and then he told me that this was "as bad as it gets." He proceded to tell me that if it didn't get better very soon, they would have to pull it. What?!!? $700 later and you want to pull it?!!?

So anyway, I came home and went to bed with the whole entire side of my head being completely numb. I must have looked so beautiful to Rob at this point, but for better or for WORSE right? The Endodontist put me on yet another antibiotic; hoping that it would take the infection away sooner.

Well long story long, I was in bed most of the week-end. I did venture out to church on Sunday, and felt a little better at that point. Today is Tuesday, and I'm still having a little pain, but I'm seriously praying that I don't have to get a tooth pulled at the very young age of 33.

I would appreciate any prayer you'd like to throw up in my behalf.

Blessings to All...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be "throwing up" for you! Love, Keely