My good friend Sara (Garvin) Storr called this morning with the news that she (and Tim) had a beautiful little baby girl yesterday at 3:30pm. Welcome to the world little Anna (who weighed in at 6 lbs. 5 oz.) She will be so loved by everyone, but most of all big brother, Ben, and big sis, Ellie.:)
Below is a photo of Shelby with Grampa Rick. They took Shelby with them to Chicago over Mary's spring break to see the musical play "Wicked." Shelby loved it (big shock, right!) Thank you (Dad, Barb, and Mary) for letting her tag along, she had a blast!

Now for the updates on...
My tooth seems to be recovering. I had my last trip to the Endodontist last Thursday, and everything seemed to go pretty smoothly. Once in awhile if I chew on something really tough it hurts, so I'm trying to watch what I've been eating. Thanks for all your prayers through this rediculous and painful time.
Shelby has been suffering from a lot of lower back pain, so I took her to the Doctor yesterday morning. They took x-rays, but said that the spine and bones looked fine. Dr. Smith said that she is having back spasms from the major amounts of activity that she's involved in. The major culperate being Tumbling.
Shelby will be starting physical therapy tomorrow morning to help her strengthen those muscles. Please pray that this works and gives her some relief from the pain.
Last night was crazy! Shelby had a track meet at Iowa City Regina in the rain. It was literally pouring at times and everyone got soaked, cold, and extremely muddy. After enduring the rain and cold from 4pm to 6:30pm our coaches decided we'd had enough and we left before the meet was over. We weren't the only one to leave, so that helped us feel better about going home (to dry out and get warm.) Shelby did get to run in one relay before we left, but because it was such bad conditions they didn't do to hot. (I think they came in 3rd.)
On the way home the kids were literally fighting over who was getting a hot bath first. Good thing we have two bathrooms!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment