Tuesday, March 25, 2008

(3-21-08) Into Denver...

We started out Friday on a pretty lazy & relaxed note trying to get ready for the long trip home...
This was our last full day in Colorado (& at Aunt Julia's)...and Kaleb was already looking around at jobs for Rob so our family could move out there.
I called my cousin Ben, who lives and works right in downtown Denver, to meet us for lunch. I have such wonderful childhood memories with Ben...I love you Ben, and I'm so glad we could get together...
Then Ben had to go back to work so we decided to check out Invesco Field, where the Broncos play, to see if we could take a tour. Unfortunately we were 10 minutes to late to catch the last tour of the day, but maybe when we move there, right! HA!
Instead of the NFL field tour we decided to hunt down a Cold Stone Creamery...and I do mean "hunt down." Rob even had Shelby google directions on his blackberry and it still took us and hour to find one...but it was worth it (I think anyway!)

Then it was time to meet back up with the Weopking family (they went to the Aquarium while we met up with Ben) and head for a hotel somewhere in Nebraska... & everyone was thrilled about it...can't you tell...


We stopped along the way to eat and make a run to Pamida (remember those? I didn't even know they were still around.)

...but we found a nice Comfort Inn in Ogalalla, NE to stay for the night...after a lot of driving with very tired peeps.

No comments: