This past week the kids didn't have school on Monday (as I said before), so it was really only a four day work week (for me and my many many pix to go over)... but on Tuesday Shelby played in a freshman volleyball tournament at Mid-Prairie. They played 4 matches (equaling 11 games total) and they finished up 4 & 7. (It was a very late night for us all getting home at 11:20 pm.)
Shelby has really improved since last year and has really found that she has a true love for the game. I'm selfishly thrilled, because I LOVE volleyball!
She also had a game Wednesday against Williamsburg, but the night didn't go so well at any level. The freshman, JV, and Varsity all lost their games. Then to make the night even better I managed to find the biggest raccoon ever to hit on the way home. I then took my damaged car to have it looked at on Thursday (at three different places for estimates) to find out that I have around $2000 worth of damage! Not Good!!!
I've also been dealing with a large amount of computer and Internet issues as well this week, and since my (very new) business is super co-dependent on my computer, I need to get it fixed too! If only I could figure out a way to grow my very own money tree, or if God could just drop down a few thousand dollars, that would be great!
Thursday night we went to Mom's to celebrate Claire's 1st Birthday!
She is so cute with her very own little cake...

Celebrating Claire's birthday brought back a lot of good memories of Shelby's 1st Birthday party that we also had on Mom's deck (13 years ago when we to lived in the apartment at Mom's.!
Nic's house is about to be finished this next week, so they'll be moving out of Mom's house with in a couple more weeks. We are so excited for them to be getting their brand new house!
This afternoon Kaleb played football at West Branch. He did a great job running in their only touchdown, but they ended up losing the game 8 to 6. But looking on the bright side; it was a very beautiful day for a football game.
Well tonight we are off to church again for the last week of downpour. We've really enjoyed these past few weeks of spending time with some great friends at and after "the gathering" (while Shelby goes to youth group.) Lately our life kind of revolves around waiting for that little chicky so we can head back up North (home.) Tis' the season, right. :)
Blessings to you all! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment