Well anyway... Shelby's first Homecoming Dance is just around the corner. Yes, our little girl is in High School now. She's been asked to go to the Muscatine Homecoming dance (on Sept. 22nd) with a boy from her youth group at Calvary, his name is James Leuthe. Shelby says they're "just friends," and they're going with a whole group of kids from the youth group. We were kind of reluctant to let her go on a date, because she's only 14! I guess it's not really a date if they're "just friends," and they're going in a group of 12 or so people, right?
Wilton's Homecoming is October 6th, and Shelby has asked James if he'd like to go to her homecoming, since that whole group is pretty much Muscatine and Wilton kids going to both dances in the same group as "just friends." (This is what I'm told anyway. We'll see, right?)
So "the girls" (Shelby, Erin, Bre, & Amy) all decided they needed to go dress shopping together. It was a lot of fun watching these extremely beautiful teens try on dresses that are frankly way to slinky for a 14 year old. They all looked really good in everything they tried on (which was about 50 or so dresses each, at least.)
It was really cute when Erin and Bre came out of the dressing room in the same dress (& it wasn't even planned.) These, by the way are not the final selections. At this point it was the first store we went to (even though after hours of shopping three of the four girls came back to this store, the first store to buy there dress.)
Three of us "Moms" (Erin's mom, Amy, Amy's mom, Debbie, & myself) took the girls that day, and we had a blast! Even though non of us "Moms" really love to shop, I picked out these cute little numbers for the girls...
I couldn't understand why they didn't want to buy these dresses. I mean, come on, they were on sale for $14! I called them the "Holly Hobby dresses." We (the "Moms") had a great laugh that kept us going through out the whole day.
By the end of the day, all four girls had found a beautiful dress, shoes, and jewelry to match. It was a day of success and a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to next year's shopping trip!
2 comments:
Shelby's socks are GREAT!
Post a Comment