I was very surprised to find that Las Vegas was a lot cleaner than I thought it would be. It still made me feel pretty out of place, but it was fascinating with all of the different types of people (speaking other languages) everywhere, who never seemed to go to bed. We literally went to our room one night around 1 am and a group of people (who were way dressed up) were just leaving their room on our floor to go out. Crazy!

Wonder Woman & Michael Jackson were standing outside our hotel Saturday on my way back from the ending of the conference and they let me take their picture...

This was a sad sight, but he was the most honest one I saw (his sign says,"Why lie, I need beer!"...

This (below) was the first (free) show we saw when we were eating supper at one of the enormous hotels (I think it was the Escalaber.) We were seated at a table front and center in this place (Dick's Last Resort) to eat where they made fun of you the whole time and made these obnoxious paper hats for you to wear. The band was a 70's revue band and they were hilarious. I would catch myself watching the people behind us throw napkins at each other (& I was reading the crazy things the waitress would write on these hats) and I'd turn around to the band playing an inch away from my head trying to get me to look at them. It was fun...





These were some day time photos I took...




One night at our hotel (the Monte Carlo on the strip,) we saw that Hershel Walker (who's a retired running back for the Dallas Cowboys)was going to be in the bar and grill in our hotel. Kaleb is a huge fan, so we went to find him to get an autographed picture for him. He thought that was super cool...


On our last night there we decided to go to the Broadway show "Mamma Mia," and it was great! It's all the music of ABBA, and they wrote a play around all of their songs. It was really up beat and very funny too; we loved it. Rob got us great tickets, and before the show we went to a really nice dinner that a friend recommended called Rosemary's.


There were people on most corners trying to hand out these little cards, but thankfully most people walked right on by...

The week-end wasn't quite as clean as durring the week I noticed...

After we checked out of our hotel this is what was checking in (Kaleb's dream car)...

No comments:
Post a Comment