Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Kaleb's Birthday Gift...

Kaleb finally decided on a stereo. We looked at many different stereos in the price range we wanted to stay in and the best one of all seemed to be the one that Shelby picked out for Christmas.
Kaleb wasn't sure he wanted to "copy" his sister, but in the end he loves his new stereo...

We also needed to get him a better shelving system for all of the stuff he's collecting.
I spent all day yesterday putting together his shelves and hooking up his new stereo. I also had to reorganize his whole room to make room for the (bigger than I had expected) shelves.
Kaleb has a loft bed, so that gives him a lot more room (he has a pretty small room). Under his bed he has an office area with a desk for homework. He got his loft bed 2 years ago for Christmas from Ikea. (I love Ikea!) He's got a great set up for an 11 year old, with his lazy boy and his PS2.
He came home from school when I was finishing up putting the final touches on his room and he said,"this is the coolest room ever!" That made me feel like my day of assembly and organization was well worth the time and effort.

I always said that my kids would never have a T.V. in their room. Well, never say never. It's true that they are spoiled, but they still would rather be out in the family room with us than stay tucked away in their rooms. I'm very thankful for that, and I hope and pray it stays that way. As of now I couldn't have asked for better kids, and I thank God for them everyday.

No comments: