Friday, February 02, 2007

Happy Birthday Kaleb...

It was the coldest day of the year in 1996. My water broke at around 9pm on Feb 1st, and I went to the hospital at around 1am on February 2nd (this was my exact due date). Kaleb Richard Schmidt was born at 3:36am at Muscatine General Hospital on February 2nd, 1996.

This is our handsome young man today at 11 years old...
This was our handsome young man when he was 3 years old...
(back then he really wanted to be a Cowboy; before he realized his love for Football!)

This morning we all got up to celebrate Kaleb's 11th Birthday... (nice hair bubba)

He thought the gift felt pretty light. This was what was inside...
(It's a certificate to pick out a new stereo for his room, that he can plug his MP3 player into!)

We had Birthday Cinnamon rolls for Breakfast, and Dad went to work late so he could be here too...

Last night we had the whole family over for a Birthday soup supper. About 25 or so came to celebrate our (not so little anymore) Kaleb. Aunt Erin made Kaleb's favorite "Better than anything" cake for him...

Great-Gramma Kay creatively put Kaleb into his card...

Kaleb got his favorite things from the whole family... Money, PS2 games, and special days out with special people (he loves to go on "Special Dates")...

Kaleb ended the night by giving everyone hugs, to say "Thank you!"
Thank you to everyone who helps make Kaleb's life so wonderful!

Shelby took this picture of Kaleb and I just before Kaleb crawled into bed for the night...
I thank God everyday for Kaleb, and the way he touches so many people with his gift of humor and his tender loving heart towards others.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kaleb! Hope you have a WONDERFUL year. Best wishes from David and Emily!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Kaleb!

I too remember very well when he was born. It was very cold. When it was time to check-out you were very sore and didn't want to ride home in Rob's bouncy truck. So I came to the hospital and loaded you and Kaleb up in my little red sports car and took you home. I was never so nervous driving as I was that day :)

Boy, does time fly! Seems like just yesterday :)

Have fun picking out your new stereo, Kaleb!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! I love the pictures. You are so photogenic! Love, Melissa Roth

Anonymous said...

So I just noticed I spelled Kaleb with a "C"! That's why you should always proof read! :>Melissa R.

Anonymous said...

Kaleb,
I hope you had a great birthday!! BUT you (we) will have a better birthday on the 19th!! You are a great friend and I am glad we are best friends.

Anonymous said...

To my FAVORITE and most handsome grandson! I hope you had the greatest day! We loved the birthday party last night and going to Shelby's Honor Chorus tonight! Sorry we had already eaten supper because it would have been great to go to the Button Factory with you tonight too. Good luck at your basketball tourny tomorrow. We are hoping to get to Wilton to watch you play on Sunday afternoon. Guess which is my favorite photo? Yep - the BIG HUG!! Pick out a great stereo, and be careful spending all that birthday money you got last night. Hey, could you loan me some? Have fun with Madden '07 and you can count on me for Madden '08 next year! Love you bunches and bunches and thank God for you every day. --Gramma Pam

Chris said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KALEB! I loved your photos and blog. You and I have never met but your Grandma Pam is my lifelong best friend. So I've loved you from the minute you were born even if you don't know me. You're just as handsome as your Daddy always was, too. Youve got a smile that just blows me away. Here's wishing you the best year every!
Your friend,
Chris Cruse-Missouri

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kaleb, I can't figure this out!!! I wished you a birthday wish yesterday, but my computer skills obviously got in the way! Hope you had a great start to being an eleven year old!!
Love you- Aunt Erin