I absolutely love this stage of our life where everyone has something going on that makes them full of energy and joy. Watching my kids in their activities is one of the best ways I can think of to spend my time. My Dad once told me that It was even better watching his kids enjoy the things that he once enjoyed himself. Now that I have this opportunity with my own kids I completely understand what he meant. I'm so proud of our kids, and I pray that God will continue to bless them in all that they do.
This past week-end Kaleb had a Basketball tournament at L&M. They ended up getting 1st place, but not with out quite a fight. At the last second (literally)of the Championship game we made the winning basket after being tied.
We as parents said way to much about the refs and the calls that they were making. It probably wasn't the best sportsmanship, but in the end our kids got what they deserved after playing a very hard game. Way to go guys!
This is Kaleb's best friend, Tanner Poor. February 10th just happened to be his 11th Birthday (which was also Tournament day.) I'm sure that winning that trophy made his Birthday extra special. Happy Birthday Tanner (February 10th, 1996)...
This was part of the team with their first trophy as a team (It will stay at their school), but they each got their own medal (to add to their collections)...
After the Tournament we headed to Gramma Kathy's for a lasagna supper with all of her side of the family(Thumma Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, & many of us cousins). We packed 50 or more into Mom's house and celebrated Grampa Thumma's Birthday as well. (Erin made one of her famous cakes for Grampa to blow out his candles...)


No comments:
Post a Comment