Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kids 1st day back...

...to school! Today is a special day...not only is it the first day of school...it's the first day of Junior High for my little Kaleb boy...and it's the first day of Shelby's sophomore year in high school...I can't believe it...it seems like yesterday I was just sending them off to pre-school, and now look at them...
On the first day of school we have a traditional family breakfast together...okay it's not traditional in the sense that it's good for you...it's just traditional in the sense that Rob stays home and eats with us and then we see the kids off to school together...usually Rob is long gone to work sometimes even before the kids wake up...so this is what we eat...Grands cinnamon rolls...yummy!

...and this is them loving them...because at our house breakfast is whatever you make usually...I know I'm tough, but come on...they're old now...
...and this is our super handsome 7th grader, who will be heading to the Wilton Jr High for the first time today...
...and this is our beautiful Miss Shelby on her first day back to Wilton High School as a Sophomore...man time flies...SERIOUSLY...I caught her looking in the mirror while getting ready, but when she sees me comin' it's time to strike a pose...she take at least 1 hour to look this cute even though she doesn't really need to...
...and this is my wonderful hubby, putting away clean dishes for me while we wait for the bus to come...
...but the bus never did come...
...so they lucked out today and got a ride in to school from Dad...that's a special treat since I'm super mean and I make them ride the bus because it's 8 miles one way into the school...I do enough driving as it is...so the free bus ride at least to school is happening for them... After 8am...our kids were already at school by then...I called the school to see if they forgot our kids. Come to find out our poor bus driver, Herb...who is a very nice man...got stuck somewhere and had to be pulled out by a tow truck...poor guy...nice way to start off the '08-'09 school year for him. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. :-)


1 comment:

Sara said...

Very Cute kids! I can't believe they are that old already! I hope Shelby has a great year this year. I know it has been hard sometimes. I'm envious of your very clean house :)