Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Founder's Day '08

These are our two little troopers after the Founder's Day Parade... ...but we started off the day of festivities with Kaleb running the Eager Beaver 1 mile race at 9am...you can't really see him here, but he's in about the middle of the pack at the start...
...but at the end...It was KALEB in first place for the 11 & 12 year olds...no one is even close, as you can see...his time was 6 minutes and 14 seconds...way to go Bub!
...we don't know why, but for some reason for first place you get a silver medal, but oh well.

Kaleb also ran in the 1 mile Watermelon Stampede in Muscatine, over a week ago (Friday night)...he did a great job there too, but actually got 2nd place...He got beat by a girl! He was kind of embarrassed... but it probably didn't help that we all teased him relentlessly throughout the night (because that's the super sweet parents we are...with all the sarcasm we can conjure up)...but anyway great job there too Bub! (unfortunately I had to miss that race because I was sitting in Rock Island waiting for Shelby to get out of dance...that's where I'll be spending most of my time these days...so if anyone wants to come and hang out in the Quad Cities with me Tues. through Sat. just let me know. :)
...and this is Shelby marching (proudly, of course!) in our parade...she slept until noon so she didn't get to see Kaleb's race, but we were all there cheering on our little cymbal girl on and totally loving that hat ( because again...you can't be a part of our family with out the constant sarcasm...I mean we have to get these kids ready for the that big scary world, right...and you need a sense of humor to survive! :)...anyway, she doesn't love playing the cymbals, because she actually gets wounded...she's full of little cuts and marks...she'd much rather play the drums, but they have to take turns, I guess...
...c'mon you have to admit, that is an awesome hat!!! I know she secretly wanted to keep it...
...and this is our two little monsters totally bored out of there mind while we quickly got groceries at Wal-Mart...they wanted to get back to all the fun friends and festivities at Founder's Day, but Dad and I...not so much.
All in all, the kids had a blast at Founder's Days riding rides, hangin' out with friends, and listening to the bands play...and Rob and I walked the entire town of Wilton on Friday and Saturday night before making our kids leave around 11pm. Good times! :)

No comments: