Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Family Fun Time!

This past week-end we decided to take a little spontaneous "family trip" to Chicago. We left Saturday and headed to a huge outlet mall right outside of Chicago...we shopped 'til we almost dropped and then headed to our hotel.
Sunday morning we arrived to Six Flags Great America before they opened...we got right in before most of the rides had even officially opened...here's our super cute kiddles as we entered the park... They are getting to that age where they are pretty annoyed anytime I want to take their picture (Rob too sometimes)...which is totally unacceptable since...hello...the Mom is a photographer!
...this little camera doesn't do the best job, but here's a few shots from our "family fun day" at Great America...Ham city man!
This was a ride called V Force or something like that, but it was fun! rob decided not to do a lot of the crazy coasters since he's getting old... :)I mean his stomach doesn't handle it well like it used to...so the kids and I braved the majority of the crazy big ones on our own...I took an extra dose of motion sickness pills, because I still love the coaster...I just can't do the spinning things!
...look at those crazy kats again...they rode this one three times...the old mom & dad were only good for two times around...it was a wooden (and very jerky) one...I totally messed up my neck on this one, or was it the other 7 we went on? :-)

Shelby decided to sit out of this second water ride, so she took our picture while we waited in one of the longest rides of the day...we got pretty soaked.After a few water rides they decided to hit the water part inside Great America...it was huge, but the lines we're extremely long so they only did one and we headed back for more coasters.

We ended up staying until about closing time...9:30 am to 9:45 pm was a long day and we were all exhausted! We headed to the super cool Indigo Hotel and hit the sack...we slept in on Monday a bit and then headed for downtown Chicago...Michigan Ave...Shelby got to see how crazy the "big city" really is...but she says she still loves it anyway! We shopped downtown a bit and then drove around the Navy Pier...then headed for home.

We got home around 10pm...our impromptu little vacation was a hit! We had a great time hangin' with the fam!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

looks and sounds like fun! maybe i will see you again soon--who knows. we are keeping some crazy schedules around here and trying to fit in some fun too.