Monday, May 05, 2008

So today...

...I woke up to find that Rob had not left for work yet...strange, because he's usually gone between 6 & 6:30 am every morning (or earlier.) I found him cleaning out the refrigerator! Yes, that's right folks...our frig died!!! We think sometime over the week-end, and because we are NEVER and i do mean NEVER home...it was pretty ripe smelling in there!

So the repair guy came...hoping the part he ordered today will fix the problem, but we'll see...I'm praying that does the trick! He said if this doesn't work...it'll be about a $600 problem plus what we already owe...SERIOUSLY...what is God trying to teach us!!!

They came and got the truck on Friday...and I won't lie...I did shed a few tears. We are truck people, but oh well...
We did end up buying a car on Saturday...a Ford Taurus...we call it the "Mayor's car" because it totally looks like it...and Rob's nickname from his friends is "the Mayor" because he knows and talks to everyone. :) It's supposed to get really good gas mileage, so we'll see...we were trying to be practical while being good stewards with our money but at the same time making Rob look as cool as we can...Kaleb and Shelby love it, and it fits them well (especially since they have to sit in the back seat...and Shelby is as tall as I am.)

No comments: