Shelby was also in this percussion ensemble for State competition...they did great!
Then she performed with the rest of the High School Band at "Bandtastic"...they are small but mighty...Mr Wyatt does an amazing job with this awesome group of talented musicians...They also were invited to play at St. Ambrose University (a huge honor) two weeks ago, and if you ask me they were just as good as the college kids...it literally makes me tear up when I watch Shelby play...or dance...or sing! I love it, and I'm so proud of her...last night the Wilton HS had their performing arts awards night and Shelby lettered in Band and Chorus as a Freshman! Way to go Shelb!
This was Kaleb's 5th & 6th grade Chorus concert...they did great too! I love that Kaleb is in Chorus...even if it is only to go on the Florida trip when he gets into High School...(I'll definitely be chapperoning again...I had a blast!)
This was the only picture that I have of Shelby singing in the Mother's day performance at Calvary (thank you Vicki)...I was on projection team that week-end, therefore no pictures...but we have it on DVD...Shelby and Ben danced again...it was awesome! Lorene does such an awesome job with all of our amazing kids!

Shelby decided to not go out for softball this year, but is going to start dancing again in Rock Island, IL (45 min away) at the Quad City School of Dance and Ballet...she is SO excited to start next week! Her Ballet teacher is an actual professional ballerina in the Quad City Ballet...Shelby went last week to try it out and we absolutely were impressed!
Tonight Shelby is performing a solo, a duet, and a stomp routine down at the infamous Wilton Smorgasbord at 6pm...pix (maybe) tomorrow. :)
Kaleb has already had six baseball games, and their record so far is 5 wins & 1 loss. He is mainly catching again this year, but also plays outfield, pitcher, and anywhere else they put him. He plays mainly on Wednesday nights at 6pm at Wilton's city park, and on Saturdays he plays double headers. They are in a Cedar Rapids league (as a Wilton travel team) but thankfully Rob schedules most of his games as home game here at Wilton.
Yesterday I went on a field trip to Sulsbury Park with Kaleb and his classmates...we had a lot of fun learning to survive in the wilderness (even though I'm totally not a roughin' it kind of girl.) We learned to build a shelter (while it rained on us, and was very muddy,) fished with just a line and a hook (I even baited a hook...twice!), and then built a fire and roasted our own hotdogs and smores...it was a pretty cool field trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment