Rob and I went to lunch at Taco Johns one afternoon and saw the sign up form for the tournament and thought Kaleb would enjoy it, so we entered him. The night before Rob took him out to hit a bucket of balls for practice. He was excited for his first Tournament.
This was Kaleb's foursome that golfed together (he didn't know any of these boys, but they were very nice.)

This was a nervous Kaleb and Dad right before Kaleb teed off at the 10th hole at Geneva Golf and Country Club (the 11 year olds only golfed 9 holes)...

Look at that form (how cute is he, seriously?)...

Kaleb ended the tournament (almost 3 and a half hours later) shooting a 93 out of 9 holes. I was very proud of him for not getting frustrated and giving up, because the boys that he golfed with go golfing every week and even take weekly lessons. I thought Kaleb did a great job, and he'll do even better next year.
Kaleb says to anyone who asks, "I shot terrible, a 93!" But he still says that he wants to play and improve throughout the next year to compete again. What a good sport! I'm so proud of him!
After the tournament Kaleb and I went on our little "school supply shopping trip." He loves to shop! (Not! Unless he's at some big sports store, anyway.)
While Kaleb golfed, Shelby went to Gramma Pam's to sew more of their purses. She had a great time eating out and spending time with Gramma. Thanks Pam!
On Saturday, Kaleb was asked to play in a three on three basketball tournament in Durant with some of his buddies from school. Tanner Poor, Tyler Hetzler, our Kaleb, and Caleb Kauffmann...

They played agressively and really hard, but they ended up losing to the Durant boys (who happen to be a head taller than our boys at the moment.) Hopefully we'll start our growth spert pretty soon. But great job anyway boys!
2 comments:
What a cute boy you have! I bet your phone is ringing or will start soon with girls on the other end. You should be very proud of your two wonderful kids! Craig and I talk about parents and kids we admire and how we want our kids to be. Your names come up often in that conversation.
Thank you Sara. I do feel very blessed with two great kids! I just pray they stay this way. :)
Post a Comment