
Kaleb is head off to 6th grade. Even though it's technically "middle school," at Wilton it's not that big of a change. The 6th grade is still in the elementary building so they're the big head honchos this year in the school. He is very excited that he has Mr. Putman for his homeroom teacher this year, but they only get one recess a day (after lunch.)

We've made a tradition on the first day of school that Dad stays home to have a family breakfast with us (I'm ashamed to say that breakfast is usually a meal that we never eat all together as a family) and stays to see the kids onto the bus.

On the first day, we never know exactly when the bus will come so we sit on the porch and wait. This is the two crazy kids being all cute and "cool" for a picture. I love that they are major hams (like their Dad.)

Every year I wonder if this will be the year that they are totally embarrassed that I have to take pictures of them constantly. I'm very thankful that hasn't happened yet.

They both came home from school that day very happy. They both seemed to really enjoy seeing their friends, and liked their teachers and their classes. Let's hope it sticks throughout the whole year!
No comments:
Post a Comment