This past week and a half has completely flown by...
First, I ended my last update by telling you that Shelby was heading to camp, (Excursion '07) with the Calvary High School Ministries Team at Lake Rathbun. They left Calvary last Sunday morning around 9am with around 90 High Schoolers and 35 or so leaders. The week was a huge success and Shelby had a complete BLAST!
Here were some of her highlights...(photos by Shelby & friends.)








They weren't allowed cell phones, IPods, or any other electrical items for the entire week (they were allowed cameras & flash lights, but that was it.) They were also only allowed one hot shower, and had to sleep in tents & had chores like cleaning bathrooms and dishes too. Although Shelby informed us that they were allowed to take as many "in the hose showers" that they wanted. She said it was still awesome, and they had a great time worshipping God, playing and competing, and making memorable relationships with each other.

In the mean time Kaleb got to go to Adventureland with Gramma Kathy, Noah, and me. We went for the whole day on Monday, and had a great time celebrating their belated Birthday date with Gramma. It rained everywhere but Adventureland, and we had a great day until we entered the storm on the way home. Boy was it a dusey! But by 11:30pm or so we were all home safe and sound.

Tuesday, July 17th was Mom's (Gramma Kathy's) Birthday, so we had a really nice supper together at their house. Mom even got a nice little gift from Shelby (because she was at camp and couldn't be there) Pastor Scott let her use his cell phone to call her and wish her a very "Happy Birthday!"

Friday Shelby got home from Excursion around 4pm. It was great to have her home, but she was definitely exhausted. She was supposed to have her Freshman Softball banquet, but we also had my cousin's wedding reception. She opted to hang with "the fam" and we went to celebrate Brett and his new wife Donda. Congratulations Guys!
Saturday the kids went to the Aquatic Center while Rob and I scoped out the best photo op sites Muscatine has to offer. This brings me to my newest endeavor... "Andrea Schmidt Photography!" I actually have three "photo shoots" coming up in the next couple of months. I'm extremely excited! I have a large multi-family session with around 35 people, a Wedding reception (with formal pictures as well, because the couple has already eloped,) and a session for senior pictures.
I'm still working out all of the bugs, but I've also signed on to do photography as part of my ministry at Calvary Church as well. I'm ecstatic about this and I'll be going to a Photoshop World Conference in September. I really feel that God is truly blessing me with a hobby and a passion that I've had for what seems like ever.
I would covet any prayer that you'd be willing to offer in my behalf on this new adventure in this chapter of my crazy life. Thanks for reading...
Blessings to you all!:)
4 comments:
Glad to hear Shelby enjoyed her week. So excited for your photo business! Sounds fun--if you need an extra set of hands with your large group I would be happy to volunteer. Just call!
That is so exciting! The Photoshop World Conference? Is it in France or somewhere? :o) I can't wait to see how your business evolves. You're very talented. I'll be praying for your success! Keely
The conference is in Las Vegas. Rob is going with me (he'll just get to relax while I actually go to the work shops) and this will be our first real vacation with just the two of us. I'm very excited to learn the software and all kinds of "tricks of the trade."
Heather, I may take you up on your offer sometime. It would be nice to have more hands that actually have the talent of photography like you do. Lately, I've kind of turned Rob into my "assistant." :)
I am jealous! I think you'll be a wonderful success at your business, though. I think having a Senior photo shoot with you would be a great experience, not just because of your talent, but because I think you'll be fun for the kids. Have fun in Vegas!
Post a Comment