Thursday, July 05, 2007

Update time...

(*Warning: the following may be a tad bit lengthy with a lot of pictures.)
I know it's been more than a week since I last blogged, but life in the summer is still pretty CRAZY busy...
Last Friday (June 29) ended Kaleb's very long Baseball season. They played a double header in West Branch and won both games. Their season's ending record is 13 wins and 21 losses. They did very well in their league games, but had a bit of trouble in their tournament games. All in all, Kaleb not only improved as a ball player but he had a lot of fun with his friends too.

I'm so proud of my not so little ball player... He also did a great job catching.

Like he isn't a true ham (seriously)...

An amazing thing took place in little old Muscatine, Iowa on Tuesday, July 3rd, 2007. The Joffrey Ballet Company came to perform in Muscatine at the infamous Weed Park as a gift from many donors, and to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Hancher Auditorium (at the University of Iowa) as well as the 50th Anniversary of the Joffrey Ballet. This was truly a once in a lifetime thing for us. They not only gave an awesome performance at 8pm, but they offered a FREE dancers workshop open to the public in the morning from 9 to 10 am. Shelby was thrilled that Softball practice was changed to 4pm which meant that she could attend the workshop...

This was the Joffrey workshop instructor, he was great...

There were a lot of familiar faces in the crowd. Everyone from very young to much much older participated in the fun...

It was so great that right as we arrived to the workshop we ran into Cindy Garvin (Sara's Mom) and two of Sara's little cuties, Ben and Ellie. How cute is this...

About half way through the workshop they were tired out, so they went to hang out with Kaleb (because you know he was thrilled to death to be there)...

I had a fun little photo shoot while they were just "hangin" with Kaleb...


This was the Joffrey stage that follows them to every performance in this tour. It was amazing to see this huge stage in the middle of Weed Park...

This was one of the 3 or 4 pictures that I took at the end of the last performance that evening (they had asked that you refrain from taking pictures during the performance; and this about brought tears to my eyes.) So at the standing ovation this was my only chance...

Rob's Mom, Pam had saved wonderful seats for us about 8 rows from the stage. Shelby and I (of course) loved it! Rob enjoyed half of it, and Kaleb, well not so much. Big shock right! Well they are in Iowa City this Saturday and I think Shelby and I may have to go again!
Yes I'm finally coming to a close, but...
Yesterday was Wednesday, July 4th! Happy (late) Independence Day to all! We are so blessed to live in such a wonderful and free Country. May God continue to bless you all. :)

No comments: