Monday, June 04, 2007

Saying good-bye...

...to our horse, Crystal. Crystal is a beautiful Chestnut mare that we've had for the past 9 years, and she is now going to live with our very good friends, the Carlson's. Heather, Greg, Colby, and Crieghton are adopting Crystal into their family, and I know they'll love riding her and take wonderful care of her.


Crystal was originally my horse that I'd always ride,but eventually everyone rode her some (including friends that would come out just to ride horses.) We have made many very wonderful memories of riding our horses together when the kids were little.
Back then Rob used to train horses for other people, and all four of us would go riding every night. Those were the good old days when our kids actually wanted to stay home and go riding with us. Now those days are long gone. Both kids are involved in many different activities, and the horses are more work than fun to them now.
I guess we will always have our great memories of riding in the 4th of July parades, and "riding" together as a family...


...but for now it's just another new phase of life, and new adventures await us all.
This is Kaleb's idea of "riding" these days (of course, he thinks he's ready for a much bigger 4-wheeler now that he's a middle-schooler...)


Tonight Shelby had her first High School (Freshman) Softball game. She played short-stop in both games of the double header, but unfortunately Wilton lost both games.

Kaleb played an (almost) double header in Cedar Rapids tonight as well. They lost the first game, but they were winning the second game when they had to call it on account that they couldn't get their lights turned on for the ball field. (Now we have two baseball games that we have to make up. Bummer!)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Crystal and Blaze were doing fine this morning--I think they're friends now. Last night however was a different story. Hopefully, they have it all figured out now and have settled down for good. Greg rode her twice yesterday and I rode her last night. I think we will be fine. She has some vicious kicks though!