Wednesday, July 30, 2008

M.V. Fair time!

That's the Great Mississippi Valley Fair to all you foreigners out there...that means a whole week of pretty good concerts for $40. Last night was Sugarland. Kaleb decided he didn't really care to see them, so he went to a friends for the night and Shelby took her friend Taylor. How cute are they...Shelby who's 5'9 is slouching down in this pix, but poor Taylor is only about 5'2, so this was what it looked like from her view...with all the obnoxious drunks standing around and right in front of her...

These were some shots taken by "the girls"... we actually stood about mid track (the stage is in the middle of a big race track, and they say the place can hold about 10,000...and it was full even after it rained about 2 inches right before the concert and the track was a muddy mess!)...so anyway we had pretty good spots for the show...I did however almost get into a fight with a group of teen boys when they came barreling through smokin' their super cool cigars...standing right in front of Taylor...needless to say, I pretty much embarrassed everyone who was with me...but those little poser's moved! :-)...I'm scary!

...so tonight is Ted Nuggent...not terribly thrilled about seeing him, but if the boys don't find anyone to take my spot I guess I'll be going (Shelby has a good excuse...Youth Group night!)...can't waste that ticket ya' know. :-)

No comments: