Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Show Choir Camp...

This year Ben, Shelby, and Kris all went to Show Choir Camp of America together in Decatur, IL. We left on Sunday morning around 7:30 am so we could be there right in time for check in at noon. These three are so cute...they were so excited on the almost 4 hour drive that you'd have thought we were taking them to Disney World or something!!! (Shelby and Ben are infatuated with Disney Movies!)

Their camp is at Millikin University in Decatur, IL. and is a beautiful campus...
...so we arrived...they checked in...found their dorms...(Shelby's roommates side...nice and tidy!)
...this is Shelbster's side... (this was actually after the dance audition was over...whew, it was hot in their and 91 degrees outside...we were all sweating!)

Susanna (Ben's Mom) and I ran to the store for a few more things for them...this is what I found when I got back...(very nice girly!)...
...I did this out of order, but before all the moving in took place...away we went to Shelby's very first "real" audition...in front of someone she has never met! Thankfully she had Ben there too!
Kris sang a beautiful song, and Shelby and Ben danced an amazing dance that they choreographed themselves! It's a 3 min. high energy dance that they call "Mix it up." They start out in a tango, then go into modern, and end with hip hop...they even have costume changes choreographed right into the dance itself...it's awesome and they are pooped when it's over! So this is them warming up right before auditions...
...and this was them right before going in to the audition...how cute are they? Seriously...they are truly such good friends and have know each other since they were toddlers!

Shelby called yesterday to say that they had made "call backs," which means that they get to try out one more time for the "big wig's" to see if they are among the very few who are chosen to perform!

She called today after "call backs" were over and said they think it went well, so we'll see...if they do make it they'll perform on Thursday night for the entire 600 or so kids at camp.
...but for now she seems to be having a great time doing what she loves...singing and dancing!!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

That's so great! I love the pictures. I'm sure they are having the time of their lives! I can't wait to hear if they get to perform. I'm sure they will.

Andrea Schmidt said...

UNFORTUNATELY...Shelby just called and said they did NOT make the call backs final cut. Maybe next year!!! I'm still very proud of them and all the hard work and time they put into that routine!