Tuesday, April 22, 2008

When it rains...

...it POURS!

Literally...outside it's pouring right now, and that normally wouldn't be a big deal except for the huge tarp that's covering the cab of our truck...last night while Rob was giving Shelby a little driving lesson after track practice...she was turning onto our gravel road from the highway... took the turn to sharp and stopped on the very edge of a very steep ditch...while they sat there for a moment...the truck started to fall...it rolled completely over and onto it's opposite side! Thank you Lord...that both Rob and Shelby were not hurt!!!

When the tow truck came to flip it back over, he told Rob that he thought it would be totaled!

Shelby was so upset all night, and says she NEVER wants to drive again...but we both told her that accidents happen and it's just a truck that can be replaced. Please pray for her if you think about it, because she wasn't a confident driver to begin with and now we are afraid that she'll even be more timid now!

Our last year has been CRAZY!!! It started with me hitting the world's biggest raccoon...doing around $3000 worth of damage...me taking a trip to the ER with a very sprained ankle (we thought it was broken for sure)...Shelby taking a trip to the ER with a mild concussion in Dubuque on a youth group ski retreat...my Mom getting deathly ill and in the U of I Hospital for 22 days...my appendix and surgery...my cyst on top of my head, and now with stitches in that spot while waiting to hear the results of the biopsy...family trials and struggles...and now our truck being totaled!!!

Rob and I prayed together last night, and I thank God that while I've been worrying and struggling...he's helping me to see the up side to it all...which is that everyone is still alive and healing and the bills have all been being taken care of so far and God will continue to help us and see us through it all!!! I just want to say how much I love and respect my husband for being the spiritual leader right now, and for helping me to see that even through all the trials that God is and has always been there for us!

I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1 NLT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's tough stuff, girl!! Sorry to hear that your family is going through all of it. Glad that everyone is doing alright considering the circumstances. You help your head up high in church today and I would have never guessed that life has hit you this hard. Thinking of you guys! donna g