Friday, October 26, 2007

Fall is here...

I'm happy that fall is actually here now. I love the cooler weather and the beautiful trees and autumn leaves falling all around. The colors of Autumn are so beautiful.

Well I'm going to start my update by shocking you with NO PHOTOS! I've actually been taking a lot of pictures they just haven't been of my family. That leads me in to updating you on what's up with A Schmidt Photography...

I have been so blessed to have such nice friends spreading the word about my new found business adventure. I am now up to 6 photo shoots within the last month of just starting out. I truly feel blessed by God to be allowed to "work" at something I actually love doing.

I always used to say to people that I still at age 33 didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up... and now I know! I was talking to a friend the other day that didn't know I had officially started and she said... well, that totally makes sense. You've always been the one with the camera in her purse. She's right and I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out.

I'm still learning the "business and sales" end of it, but hopefully that will get easier with time and confidence. I'm still a stay at home mom who totally understands that everything is expensive, so I have a hard time with my pricing. Bear with me while I learn and grow, but in the mean time thank you for all of the encouragement.

Coming up in the next month we have Kaleb playing Y Basketball in Muscatine, along with him playing for Wilton's 6th grade team. He's a great defensive player who is so fun to watch. His first game is at the Muscatine Y this Saturday (10-27-07) at 1pm. Feel free to come and cheer him on... he'd love that!

Shelby has now been done with volleyball for a couple of weeks, but has her last gig in the Wilton Marching Band is tonight at the last home football game. Nice rainy weather, huh.

She is also going full blast with the musical play at Calvary. She is a wife/dancer/singer in "Joseph and His Amazing Technicolored Dream Coat." The dates of the performances are... Thursday, Nov. 29, Friday, Nov. 30th, and Sunday, Dec. 2nd. If your interested in going to a performance let me know and I can get tickets for you in advance.

Rob is now helping a bit with Kaleb's Y basketball team since the (real) coach will be gone for this Saturday's game. He just finished up with coaching Kaleb's football team and now has a little more time to work late. Which we all love. (okay, I'm whining a little bit. He doesn't really work THAT late.)

FYI...Kaleb, Shelby and I all got our hair cut yesterday.

Kaleb got about 2 inches cut off, but it's still pretty long. (because I think he looks super cute with it long; so keep your comments that differ from that to yourselves, thank you very much. :)
Shelby got about 3 inches cut off thinking it would look different and be a little bit of a change. It still looks cute, but not very different just shorter.

I got about 3 inches cut off, and a coloring job too (for the wonderful gray that I have way to much of.) I just wanted to warn everyone that it's pretty dark...like black... so pretend like I don't look to crazy when you see me...it's quite a change. I'm hoping that in a week or so it won't be sooo dark!
(Kaleb's comment to me was, "Mom, you look goth!" Nice Bubba... but at least it fits in with the Halloween season right.)

***My book is finally coming to a close...

...so lastly, I finally got my raccoon damaged car (freestyle, cross-over vehicle, whatever) fixed and back home (so now Rob doesn't have to suffer by driving Old Gray anymore.) Well, $2000 later, but at least she looks pretty again.

Blessings to you all...
An

No comments: