Okay, now that I've given you all my big excuse I'd like to go back in time a bit and let you know what the Schmidt family has been up to...
Let's start with November (since I ended with Halloween)...
Back in November was Shelby's High School Variety Show at Wilton. It was so good! Here's the deal...all Chorus members are required (it's graded) to try out for at least one act for Variety Show and the maximum numbers you can try out for is five different numbers, but only one can be a solo...so needless to say Shelby tried out for five acts. A solo, a duet, a dance duet, and a stomp dance were the four acts that made the show. She was the only kid (seriously the ONLY kid to make four acts in the show!) I am so proud of my little talented girly girl! (She was also chosen for four differents acts last year too!) I'm sorry...it's not like me to not have a ton of pictures, but I decided to video tape instead. If I ever figure out how to edit video and upload it to u tube I'll let you hear her sing...so if any one has a simple instruction guide for me I'd love to learn. :)
The next Shelby adventure was the performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat at our church. They gave three performances that were absolutely amazing! They also were able to do a matinee showing for around 600 elementary to middle school students in Muscatine. What an amazing testimony that was! I was the photographer for the play the week of dress rehearsal because no taping or photography was allowed durring the performances because of copyrighting reasons. It's a shame because the kids did so great but we couldn't tape them performing. Oh well, I have about 1500 pictures that I'm going through for them to savor the memories.
Here's a couple of my favorite pictures...(coming soon!)
Kaleb has been playing basketball since before Christmas at the Y in Muscatine. He is an awesome defensive player, and I love that he is so agressive. His confidence seems to be improving so hopefully he'll start to shoot a little more. His travel team for Wilton is also now in full swing and they are really improving from last year. They have so far played in three tournaments and done very well (only losing a total of 2 games.) On Sunday afternoons they play in a league that their coach started...so it's nice that they play all of their games at home. They have had three league games so far and have only lost once (in over time sudden death by one point) to their rivals...Durant. I'm so glad that Kaleb decided to play basketball over wrestling...I know...kind of selfish...but he's so talented!
I also wanted to wish my sister, Erin, a very happy 32nd Birthday (publicly)...even though it was way back on January 2nd, 2008. I love you Erin, and I'm so blessed to have you for my friend as well as my sister! :)
As I write this blog I'm sitting in the University of Iowa Hospital with my Mom, Kathy Grosjean. She has been battling pnemonia for the past 2 and a half weeks, and has been in the hospital now for the past 12 days. She had lung surgery on Tuesday, January 30th to remove all of the fluid and infection surrounding her left lung. She is recovering but is still very much in pain, so please pray that the doctors will remove her chest tube and that all of the infection and fluid will not reappear. She is also very weak and can't eat very much, so pray that she will regain her appetite and that her energy level will increase. Thank you for all of the prayer and well wishes thus far...God has truly blessed us with wonderful family and friends!
Blessings and love to all...An
No comments:
Post a Comment