Thursday, May 28, 2009

Shelby's B'day surprise...

Last night to celebrate Shelby's birthday we surprised her after dance with a visit to our favorite restaurant...Texas Roadhouse! We surprised her by not telling her that Dad and her boyfriend Erik were meeting us too...she wasn't to happy with me, because it was a very hot dance night with lots of sweating & very little primping time...but she got over it. :)
...we even made her sit on the saddle...while having her birthday cheer announced by the wait staff...she loved it...ok...maybe didn't love it...but...
...she got this for the embarrassment...a gift and a brownie......Kaleb ended up eating the brownie for her...after we all had a very yummy supper...Shelby & I shared our traditional "favorite" of a half rack or rib meal with 2 Caesar salads as our sides...and cheese fries...mm mm!!!
and the gift...yippee! love dance flip-flops... & ???
...what's this...more?
...there is a real gift inside that package...a little dance keychain...with a ring box...and a note explaining the meaning behind the ring...I wrote to Shelby that this ring was given to me by my Mom on my 16th bday and now I was giving it to her to start our own little tradition...maybe one day...many, many, many years from now...she can give it to her daughter on her 16th bday too... :)
...this diamond and sapphire ring was the gift...from Mom to daughter...(the ring on her middle finger is her diamond "promise ring" that her Dad and I gave to her on her 13th bday.)
...so...we pulled it off...a great birthday night for the Girl!
...and of course I had a camera hidden in my purse to capture all these bday moments... :)
...the brother they never had...awe...

Once again...HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY GIRLY! WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: